Thursday, July 21, 2016

My Favorite Moment

Summer was fading and the sweltering hot days of the Central Valley were cooling off into breezy afternoons. My family decided to go down to the lake that afternoon and thus began the moment I could live in forever. There I stood surrounded by people I love, my whole future ahead of me, the sound of laughter from the children and the knowledge that when I returned home I would be welcomed by the arms of someone who thought I was as beautiful as the sunset before me. The sun began to fall beneath the horizon of the lake of my childhood. It seemed to me the sun had stopped just for me to say goodbye. Even as I look back on this memory now I can feel it, that overwhelming happiness and the thought that everything for a moment could be absolutely perfect. That was the last time my eldest brother was in my hometown & my mother's brother was still alive. It was the last time I believe my whole family was immensely happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment