Tuesday, June 10, 2014

I really don't appreciate...

I really don't appreciate when people say things like, "Oh, you didn't eat?" "Why don't you eat?" "You never eat." First off, when I hear these statements I'm getting food or have already eaten. I'm sorry, but you aren't me. You don't know what I've consumed. You don't know if I'm hungry or not. You don't know what my body needs. So back up. This is my life.

I am not anorexic. Frankly, I don't think I could ever go a day without food. I love it too much. IF you know me, you should know the massive amounts of food I can consume. 

Another thing I don't appreciate is when people don't understand why I am upset over hearing this. Would you be upset if someone were to call you a liar? Or how about fat? Because people who say those statements to me aren't only calling me anorexic but they are also calling me a liar.

I'm skinny. I'm not the skinniest person out there--probably because I eat so gosh darn much. I try to work out. I try to eat healthy. I try to hard to loose the little bit of belly fat I have. Not because I want to be anorexic but I want to be healthy. So excuse YOU. For making me feel bad over wanting to be healthy. I was just trying to eat. And the fact that other people don't see this as being rude, you should really reconsider this.

There was a time in my life where I would hide food. I wouldn't eat. I was completely ignored. It was middle school and I was lost. I was in a new place. My parents weren't always around. I just wanted someone to care. To notice. After gaining a few pounds from caving in and finally eating, a lightbulb went off in my head. Realization--no one cares when you really need them too. Typically, people notice you when it is too late.

So yeah, if I get angry about it--you should feel bad. I do a lot to maintain my body in a healthy way. I don't need to be skinny-shamed by people who constantly tear me down. I am beautiful. Inside and out. Some people just don't see it. They might when it is too late.


No comments:

Post a Comment