Saturday, December 27, 2014

My Birthday

My birthday is three days after Christmas and three days before New Years Eve marking it probably one of the worst times to have a birthday. This my friends is a rant about my birthday. It might be a little bratty but unless you were born around the same day, YOU HAVE NO IDEA.

A list of reasons why it sucks:

1) People are broke from buying other people gifts. Like you get the leftover gifts. You recieve gifts like socks. Or you get a gift that they didn't want.
2) You get combination gifts. "This is your birthday/Christmas/New Years gift." Wtf?! Why can't I have one birthday gift and one Christmas gift? Or at least make it a good gift!!! To those that did this to me as a child, you ruined my happiness of my birthday.
3) Your birthday party is competing with everyone's holiday parties. Family parties, company parties, their significant other's work party. 
4) You never got to have an elementary school in class party. You were always off on your birthday which was cool but you missed out on this little thing marking your heart with the slightest crack.
5) Friends are always going out of town for the holidays. They are in Vegas for New Years. They went home for the holidays. They went to their grandma's house.
6) It just sucks.

Alas, it's MY birthday. I just feel like I missed out on the FULL birthday experience. It's my birthday, I can whine if I want to. At least now that I'm older I can take all my complaints with a bottle of champagne. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment