Monday, February 16, 2015

My First Love Story

The second I understood my first love story, I knew.

I began looking for you everywhere. I created what you might look like. What you might be interested in. Dreamt of the various things you would do to love me. Imagined the ways you would say "I love you." And you would. Love me that is.

I knew who you were all along. All I needed to do was find you. I didn't understand how hard that would be back then. Now, I know.

People would disguise themselves as you. They would portray similar attributes. They would create their own version of you. When I stripped them from their role of you in my life, I would try and find you again. Constantly subconsciously hoping you would appear and I would just know. Alas, no. 

That moment I understood my first love story...I just knew. I knew who you were. I knew I wanted to find you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment