Saturday, February 14, 2015

Things People Have Told Me About My Single Status

Let me first start by saying I love you. As a 23-year-old woman who has been single her whole life & who has been hurt by a couple of guys, the following are my real thoughts about your advice that has been drilled into my brain. I get these statements All. The. Time.

"But you are sooo gorgeous. Any guy should be happy to be with you."

Because looks are all that matter. Yeah. Totally.

"Maybe your standards are too high."

If you have looked at my list of guys I have talked to, you would know that most of the time I hang out with them because of their personalities. They aren't all 10's. I'm going to keep my high standards because I don't want to end up with a unemployable jerk.

"God has a plan. You'll find him soon enough."

Oh really? Did he tell you that himself? If God really wanted a guy in my life right now. It would have happened, yes. But let's be real. Neither you or I know when that is going to be.

"It happens when you least expect it." Or another on of my favorites, "It happens when you stop looking."

When I hear this I honestly want to punch you in the face. No. It happens when it happens. Looking or not. Because if I stop looking I might pass up something good. Stop lying.

"You should find someone who treats you right."

...No. I'm going to find someone who is a comple leech and kicks me around.

"Just be happy and content. You'll get there."

Do you not know me? I hate you right now. I'm just going to respond with, "Yeah, I will." 

"You just need to put yourself out there."

I'm out there. You need to shut. up. Because I am more than out there. I am drowning out there. So shut up. Maybe I just like being single or I would rather be single than be with someone who treats me like shit or isn't who I'm attracted to mind, body and soul. My standards are higher than people who serial date. So shut. up. Wrong. No. Never say that to me again. No.

No comments:

Post a Comment