Monday, March 30, 2015

Dear Body,

I love you. I love you. I love you. Sometimes it's hard to remember all that we've been through and how much we've grown, how comfortable I've become with everything you are and everything you will be. It's been five years since I've written a letter like this. I feel like it is important to say these things to you again.

My eyes, I don't know how to explain just how thankful for you I really am. Five years ago we couldn't see far away. Now that we have received glasses everything seems to have cleared up. You have provided me the brightest and darkest memories. We've enjoyed more than one hundred perfect sunsets of various colors and landscapes. We've watched my family smile and cry and relax. You have shed tears so hard that you were puffy and red. You have been colored to match my moods and my dresses. You have lead me to new destinations and have seen people and things come in and out of my life. You have seen my life.

My legs, you have brought me places. You are my built in mode of transportation. You have the strongest muscles in my body. You help me run. You've helped me climb. We have walked in and out of people's lives and kept going. We've danced in the middle of empt parking lots, jumped in excitement, cursed every single pair of heels I own and walked miles of sandy beaches. We've traveled so many miles together and we've been so sore. You've been over many mountains, endured plenty of uphill battles and helped me extend my height to reach multiple embraces. For those things and more I am extremely grateful.

To my arms and hands, there are things you need to know. I am more connected thanks to you. I am connected to my faith every time I place my hand on my chest or clasp my hands together when I pray. When I raise my hands up in praise or hold them out to share my praise with others. I am connected to the ones I adore the most. That touch. That closeness you help me achieve by small actions of holding hands or running my hands through hair and holding people close and tight. You have helped me achieve things I can't express with just words.

My waist and lower stomach. There are times when you feel very much loved. I know this is true. Over the past five years we've changed a lot. We've had progress and regrets. A lot of regrets. I have recently been reminded that you are the source of many things. You create energy, heat and life. I should never forsake you. If I ever have, I'm sorry.

Body, I promise to always take great care of you. To do what I honestly believe is best for you. To try and not be so upset with the way you look or feel. To give you the best. To be the best with you. To remind myself of all the things you are blessed with and can do. If and when I fail I promise to do better. 

I love you. I love you. I love you, Body.

No comments:

Post a Comment