Thursday, January 14, 2016

Luke 10:27



Luke 10:27
He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”
Warning: I wrote this at 2am and I'm posting without proof-reading it. It's probably all over the place. This is a verse taken from the parable of The Good Samaritan.  The question the scholar asks Jesus is, "How do I inherit eternal life?"  So Jesus asks him to interpret what the Bible says.  Luke 10:27 is the man's answer which derives from Deuteronomy 6 and Leviticus 19.

Yesterday I talked about letting go and letting God's will take charge in my life.  I think a big part of having a relationship with God is reading scripture, interpreting it and finding your own answers to your heartaches.  There are so many answers in the Bible and it's a good way to understanding and finding God.  It's a good way to grow as a spiritual person.

Heavenly Father,
I lift my heart to You with all that I am and all that I have with all my strength and all my mind because it is by You I have received  everything in my life. I promise to keep Your word close to my heart and teach them to my children as my parents have done for me.  I  will proudly discuss my love for You and speak about Your love for me.  I will do what is right and good with You in mind.  I will love my neighbor and all my brothers and sisters who believe in You as I love myself.  I will love even my enemies.  I will not fear them for I know You are by my side.  I will not love any other God but You. All the days of my life, I will relinquish myself to You so that Your will shall shine through me.
Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment