Wednesday, January 13, 2016

James 4:7-10

I don't usually post about God on this blog but I think I just might start.  For a while I typed out my prayers on a private blog. I still write them out sometimes in my personal journal and I write down passages that I run into or find inspirational at the time. I suppose posts like this will be a combination of my blog rants, my prayers and verses I find inspirational. Enjoy. πŸ’—
James 4:7-10


"So let God work his will in you.  Yell a loud no to the Devil and watch him scamper.  Say a quiet yes to God and he'll be there in no time.  Quit dabbling in sin.  Purify your inner life.  Quit playing the field.  Hit bottom, and cry your eyes out.  The fun and games are over.  Get serious, really serious.  Get down on your knees before the Master; it's the only way you'll get on your feet." James 4:7-10 MSG
We all feel it sometimes. Doubt. That doubt in your faith. My favorite example is when we ask "why questions" to God. Why didn't you answer my prayer God? Why not? Why now? Why? Do you know what kind of person asks those questions a lot? A spoiled child who believes they are entitled to certain things and results. Reality is, we are not entitled to anything on this Earth and when we die we leave all material things behind. So stop questioning it all and have faith.

Be strong in your faith. Let it lead you. Let it make you a stronger person. A person who denies wrong doings. A person who trusts God's will and embraces it. Nurture your faith. Find ways you can worship God and enjoy yourself. Find a place of worship you like. Make your faith the light of your life. Let it shine bright and never let it go out. Protect it. Believe in it.

Believe that God will never truly leave you. That he hears you. That he has a plan for you. So stop fighting it. Jeremiah 29:13 NIV, "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Have faith. Find God. Seek him out. He will bring you out of your darkest moments...even if you've hit rock bottom. He isn't going to give up on you.

The passage says, "Hit bottom, cry your eyes out." Release. It can be in the form of a really good cry. You might need to let out a good scream. Sometimes it's finally catching your breath. Let. It. Out. ...and let God. Get down on your knees. Pray. Really pray. Fully submit to God. Send your heartaches to him. Pray. Most of all have faith. Believe that God will work through you and everything will turn out the way it should.

Lord,
Please forgive me. I know I am not a perfect person. I spent so much time playing games and yes I pray to You down on my knees with my heart wide open. I want You to be the driving force in my life. Work Your way through me Lord and help me inspire others so that they too will seek the wisdom and knowledge of You. Help us all find our way back on our feet and on the path of righteousness.
Amen.

πŸ’—πŸ’‹, Hya


No comments:

Post a Comment