Friday, August 29, 2014

Self-Love: Body Image

I'm just going to be honest. I really like to eat. I love to eat. I love to cook. I love to share my food. I love to call myself a fatty. And you better believe I can eat and enjoy a large sized stuffed crust pizza from Pizza Hut BY MY SELF.

I'm 5'5" and I weight close to 135 (I typically fluctuate between 125-140).


I'm not fat. I'm also not the skinniest person around.

I don't eat the healthiest meals. I eat out quite frequently because it is convience for me and it isn't always the healieat choice.

I try to eat healthy things. I try to excersise regularly and I've found things that work for me. I try to get as many good nutrients in my body.

But let's be real for a second, I'm NOT going to change the way the way I've been eating my whole entire life anytime super soon. Eating is part of my culture. It is how I can show my appreciation for the people I love. Cooking and baking are things I do because I love being creative in that way. The way I eat is much more than an "unhealthy diet" or whatever some mean vegan might call it. I eat meat. I like sugar. Bacon will always be known as a staple in my fridge.

I'm so over seeing all this hate over body image. Ok cool, you are curvy and beautiful. Ok neat, you are fit and gorgeous. CAN'T ONE JUST BE BEAUTIFUL? CAN'T ONE JUST BE GOEGEOUS? 

Aesthetics. Preference. Healthy.

WHATEVER!

I just want to know that the people I love are happy. That those people are loved. 

If those people are physically unhealthy that they get help. That if those people that are mentally unhealthy that they get help.

I'm so over this war over body image and what someone SHOULD look like. Just over it. I just want people to feel confident. I want people to BE good people and treat people in a positive way. I want to see more motivation and less judgement.

I just want people to have that self-love.

That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment